Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: GM - Chastain - Allman Brothers - Halloween

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Strange post heading, I know.

    1st, I went and saw the Allman Brothers tonight at a small outdoor venue in the Atlanta area called Chastain park.

    Great show - had a good time. Man, that kid on guitar, Trucks.... blew me away.

    GM - I am assuming you have been to chastain and I know you have been to the Fox.... I like Chastain because of the atmosphere (especially on nights when they allow you bring your own coolers in - they did not for this show), but the sound is just not as good as at the fox... I am sure a good deal of it is the shape of the place, also it being outside, and the local noise ordinance. But it seemed like it was something else as well... I am sure it's partly because I was to one side of the stage, never as good as the center - but on the plus side I was in one of the boxes, like 4th row (right outside the table seating). Anyway, I've had a couple of beers and was just picking at your brain a bit on what you thought of the different venues.

    Also, wanted to mention that I am having a Halloween party at my house on Halloween night. So if anyone is in the area and wants to come out and see the theater and have a few drinks, your are welcome. Though I can tell you it might not be the best not for any kind of testing/tweaking. forums However your welcome to come have some fun and come back another night to be Audiophiles. forums Just let me know... otherwise we can do a little get together once I get the 808-a's back from GPA and swapped out etc....

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 11, 2008 02:53 AM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    A bit too off-topic, I'll PM you.

    GM

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Classic,

    I would love to come , but me and the kids are gonna go around the 'hood and grab up some candy and scare some of the neighborhood kids.....

    If i only live about 30-45 mins away I would drop by, but since I am about 3 hrs, gonna have to wait till next time......

    Thanks for the invite though,,,,


    -chris

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ClassicComics,

    I would like to get together sometime (probably not Halloween), if you're not too far from me. I live in McDonough (25 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson airport) and I have a genuine interest in Altec sound. I have a pair of 19's, a pair of 14's, and (3) 9842 monitors.

    I also like the Allman Bros, Gov't Mule, and Great Caesar's Ghost!

    Richard C.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gm - not sure if you ever sent me a PM but I did not get one. No big deal I just want to make sure I didn't miss one as I have had problems receiving them on here before.

    Oface1 - I understand. Too bad you can't come out it's going to be kind of an event. I currently have very long hair and as part of the party festivities I am going to chop it off.... yikes! So ready, yet so not ready..... another time for sure!

    Richard C - It sounds like I will defintely need to do a Georgia area forum get together some time after Halloween.... maybe once I have finished tweaking the system. I have a huge variety of music I like - from the Allman Brothers to Iron Maiden to James Taylor to System of a Down etc... etc... I was in and around music for awhile and have a lot of friends that still are.... only kind of music I am not that fond of (with a couple of exceptions) is Rap and Country, and of course I am in the heartland of both. forums

    Oh, and I have one friend who is such a big Govt Mule fan that he has seen them all over the country, like 200 times or something....

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 22, 2008 02:58 PM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Classic,

    Sounds like it will be an event. On the hair cutting, I have a suggestion, if your hair is 10" long or longer might I suggest you donate to Locks of Love. It is a charity for kids that have lost their hair due to treatments for cancer and other ailments.


    lock of love site


    Just let me know when the next event will be, I will for sure come over and would like to meet fellow Altec heads....


    Later,,


    -chris

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ClassicComics,
    I look forward to a forum get together. It would be great to meet some local Altec enthusiasts.

    I brought my Model 19's to the AudioKarma get together a year ago, and had a near disaster when taking them out of my van, by myself! I don't think I will ever take them out of my house again.

    My oldest brother was a biker, and made a bet with a friend to see who would cut his hair first. He won the bet, and then cut his waist length hair. He hated long hair so much that he shaved his head, and kept it that way!

    Richard C.

    Richard C.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oface1: Yep, a friend of mine has been begging me for years to donate my hair to Locks... I told her to bring a bag and some scissors to the party already. forums

    Richard C: We'll defintely have to do a get together.... just don't know when the next opportunity will be yet.... I was actually a biker in my youth.... most of us had long hair... I guess it's time to grow up. Nah... growing up is for suckers. forums I'm just ready for a change...

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 24, 2008 04:50 PM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member boz6906's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Guys,

    Been lurking on this forum for a while, great info from a great community!

    I'm a recording engineer, do some live sound and stage dir. an NPR Radio live music show.

    I've worked with Warren & Gov't Mule as well as Derek Trucks and they are wonderful folks to work with as well as superb performers. Derek is very humble and has zero diva factor, always refreshing...

    The Halloween shindig sounds like fun, sorry to say I have a Matthew Sweet/Todd Snider show that weekend.

    Jeff Bosley, seeker of sonic satisfaction...

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ClassicComics:
    Gm - not sure if you ever sent me a PM but I did not get one. No big deal I just want to make sure I didn't miss one as I have had problems receiving them on here before.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ugh! I started a response that day, but got to rambling too much, so set it aside and have been busy with 'life' since then to the point where I forgot about your party.

    Anyway, thanks for the reminder! I just sent you a PM.........

    GM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.